Our services empower people to confront unknowns, take on planet scale challenges and enjoy the process. We help them get faster, more responsive and gain the confidence to start doing things they never thought possible before! Our current focus is in Bots, Cognitive Services, Media Services, Machine Learning & Planet Scale Apps.
How we hire?
No attribute based hiring
We don’t care about your school, your previous job, how you look like or where you come from. All we care about is your ability to code and how much you want to contribute to make things work. We are looking for developers that are eager to learn, love to delight customers, and are thoughtful, kind, and supportive team players. If it sounds familiar, we would love to have you on our team.
How we organize?
Small, self directed teams
To keep them real and successful most of our projects last 3 or 4 months. That means you will rotate a lot and learn new things along the way. But most of our customers ask for one project after another and run programs that last for years and these usually share a line of work.
The typical team is self-directed and consists of a dev lead and one or two devs, maximum three. Additionally each team is assigned a senior technical lead, in charge of removing both technical and organizational roadblocks as well as coaching the team and its members.
What it’s like to work here?
A focus on doing great work
We love doing great work, we love solving wicked problems and we love taking on planet scale challenges. That is why we are committed to nurturing a politics free environment where we can all focus on doing great work as a team.
We work collaboratively and we expect all our employees to participate in making our company better.
We plan to grow 20% in 2018
2018 will bring in a lot of new and exciting challenges, and we are getting ready. We are looking for developers that are eager to learn, love to delight customers, and are thoughtful, kind, supportive team players. If it sounds familiar, we would love to have you on our team.
What we offer?
- A focus on doing great work We are committed to nurturing a politics free environment where we can all focus on doing great work as a team.
- No Death Marches We stick to 40 hours a week and we never ask people to work off hours. Travelling is strictly optional.
- Health & dental insurance We offer health and dental care for you and your family or domestic partner, regardless of your salary.
- Ultimate Hardware We update our hardware frequently. We provide 27” HD IPS/Anti-Glare Monitors, and laptops that include a mix of Surface Books, Thinkpads X1 and X270.
- Embody Chairs We provide you with a Herman Miller Embody Chair, which is ranked as #1 Best Office Chair. It’s highly adjustable and provides the required support and air flow to keep you cool throughout the work day.
- Standing Desks Sitting all day is generally a bad idea, and standing desks can give you the flexibility to stand and move around. We are experimenting with an offer of Standing Desks to employees that request them.
- Life insurance We offer an insurance equivalent to 24 monthly salaries in case of accidental death. It might vary per country and/or local regulations.
- Monthly fitness allowance We will pay up to $100/month for your gym membership, yoga studio membership, running shoes, race registration, or whatever activity you do to stay in shape.
- Vacations and paid holidays We offer the period of paid vacations and the national holidays required by law, but we add extra personal days to accommodate those special days.
- Co-Working space Our experience shows us that separating work from home is healthy. We offer our remote workers a co-working space that will help them achieve just that.
- Paid parental leave We encourage you to take an extra month to what it is provided by law, at 100% paid salary.
- Easy travel expenses Before travelling you will be issued a company American Express card. You can use this card for any work-related expenses, such as travel, meals, or office supplies.
What do our employees say?
“It's a great place to work! It's full of people that really know what they're doing, with wide variety of projects for all tastes. I found in SOUTHWORKS what I was looking for, great people, great projects, and an awesome work environment.”Nicolas Benito, Developer
“When I joined SOUTHWORKS I felt the Quality and Experience from day one. We don't just do the work, people here always want to go the extra-mile. Also people at SOUTHWORKS are very good to adapting to change, projects, work-environment, almost anything! You can feel that there's a "SOUTHWORKS energy" that generates trust, and confidence. Working here makes it difficult for you to work from home. Not because you can't, but because you will not want to do it.”Enzo Cano, Developer
“If you love working at your best, and you enjoy working with a great team, SOUTHWORKS is the best place to work. People and projects are top notch, and the quality of the equipment and work environment is outstanding. There’s an awesome vibe within the team, with even more confidence and trust, the whole team pushes you to be at your best. Last but not least, being on the cutting edge, and aiming for bigger and more interesting projects is always exciting!”Emanuel Vecchio, Developer
“This is definitely the company to find the best version of you! It is awesome how much new technical stuff we learn from our customers but most important from our peers. SOUTHWORKS defines itself as a Customer Company but they treat you like a Rock Star!”Jorge Fatta, Developer
“Working at SOUTHWORKS you always have the feeling that everyone here is doing everything to make you feel as comfortable as possible and work at your best , which at the end of the day gets reflected on top quality of its services to customers.”Juani D'Amato, Developer
“SOUTHWORKS' quality leap is visible since day one within the company. An atmosphere full of outstanding professionals passionate about making the best software possible leaded by a culture that helps you to give your best.”Lucas Marambio, Developer
“SOUTHWORKS is a great place to work, with great people and professionals that always seek to provide an excellent work and a transparent process to the Customer. SOUTHWORKS gives us an excellent opportunities to learn and work with latest technologies in a comfortable way.”Sebastian Gambolati, Developer
“In SOUTHWORKS I've found a group of professionals of a level that I haven't seen before. It is such a challenge and a real pleasure to work by their side every day.”Facundo Baez, Developer
“I like the muffins.”An Anonymous, Developer
“If I ever go back to Argentina, SOUTHWORKS is definitely the number one place that I would love to work for (again). The people that work there are amazing, everyone is so smart, the projects are really cool, and the quality and dedication that SOUTHWORKS puts in each project is outstanding!”Maria Inés Parnisari, AWS Developer (former Southie)